Here I am back after quite a while.
This time I’m here with a very different mission, I have been tagged!!
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger(s).
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
#2 The facts
1. I lived with my granny ever since I was 10, when my parents sent me to her, until I left at 23. She passed away a year ago and I’m still not over it. I do hope she knows, wherever she is, how much I love her.
2. I always knew I wanted to study languages but being a teacher was never on my list of dream jobs until… I started teaching. Then I realised I could never have done anything different. Cliché? Maybe, but true. No day is the same, no lesson is alike. As I HATE routines, teaching is just perfect.
3. I have two wonderful boys of 10 and 8 that make my days! I still remeber the moment when I was first called mum soon after the first one was born. It seemed I was dreaming and the nurse wasn’t really talking to me!
4. Cooking relaxes me when I have the kitchen to myself.
5. I only read when I’m lying down, either in bed or at the beach.
6. I’ve learned five languages besides Portuguese: English, French, Italian, German and Dutch.
7. Disappointment is, by far, the worst feeling I can cope with.
8. I’ve studied in Belgium and lived in Brazil.
9. The best thing that could happen to me would be having my kids feel proud of their mum when they grow up. The worst: letting them down.
10. I’m a bit obsessed with home organization and cleaning but my car is always a mess: dirty and untidy.
11. I married my husband because we both share the same passion: LIFE!
#3 Shelly’s questions:
1.What is a goal you hope to accomplish from your bucket list? Write a book
2.What is one goal you hope to accomplish in 2014? Get my Comenius approved!
3.If you could host a reality TV show, what would it be about? Why not about films and books? I bet it would be a challenge for the producers.
4.How do you blow off steam? I drive and talk out loud.
5.What is one of your personal theme songs? A very old, tacky one by Juan Luiz Guerra called ‘Borbujas de amor’. It marks a very special and happy period in my life
6.What are you incredibly proud of accomplishing? Professionally speaking, the good relationship I have with my 210 students!
7.What was one of your favorite gifts? A very cheap, not very beautiful ring my husband, boyfriend at the time, gave me as a way to thank me for having helped him solve a rather dificult situation.
8.How have you dealt with a past failure? Cried and then raised my head and moved on. Friends always help too.
9.What is one piece of advice that has helped you throughout life? Do not try to please everyone. You’ll feel miserable if you don’t.
10.What was your favorite toy when you were a child? A black doll brought from abroad.
#4 Now Fabiana’s questions
1. What are three adjectives that describe you best? Sensitive, persistent, adventurous
2. Who is someone you admire the most? Why? Hubby. because of his coherence, joy of living, character.
3. What is your favorite color? Why? Blue but I don’t know why.
4. Where would you like to spend your dream vacation? I like visiting cities. Don’t really enjoy caribbean beaches or wonderful resorts. Argentina is definetely one of my dream destinations 🙂
5. Are you a good cook? What is your “speciality”? I think so. Roast meat.
6. Have you ever met a Hollywood star? Where? How? Nope.
7. The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? Beatles, no doubt
8. Can you Tango? or better said: Can you dance Tango? No way. Tried Rumba, cha-cha-cha
9. Have you ever eaten some exotic food? Yes, many times. I travel a lot and I love to try new things.
10.Do you think you are a connected educator? I like to consider myself as such.
11. If you were ever offered to teach in a foreign country, which one would you choose? Hmm. Somewhere in northern Europe. Maybe Sweden. I like the way they organize things